Real Love Rocks
Barnardo’s have produced some ‘keep safe’ tips as part of their ‘Real Love Rocks’ work with schools.
- Stick with mates a similar age to you – A good mate won’t ask you to do stuff you’re uncomfortable with.
- If you feel you can’t say no, ask yourself: ‘Am I in a safe situation?’
- If someone offers you something for free, ask what they want in return.
- Listen to your body – A fast, pounding heartbeat and churning stomach are signs you feel unsafe.
- Be careful what personal details, including photos, you give out online, by phone, or in real life.
- Make sure you know where you are going and how to get home. Have credit and charge on your phone.
- Make sure someone you trust always knows where you are.
- Drinking and taking drugs can make you unaware of unsafe situations and you can become a target for people who may hurt you.
Online Safety and Sexting