Meeting your needs
New Roots supports our young people with a dedicated team of staff and volunteers, with the goal of moving on into appropriate independent accommodation. The help available is based on support plans unique to each individual and may include:
- Help with moving in or moving on.
- Understanding your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.
- Finding furniture and white goods.
- Setting up utility accounts, such as electricity and water.
- Emotional support.
- Claiming benefits.
- Budgeting and debt management.
- Resolving disputes.
- Finding education, training or employment.
- Independent living skills.
- Referrals to other agencies and specialist services.
Access to our support is built on a relationship with named Support and Development Workers, who visit young people at home for 1-5 pre-arranged sessions per week, depending on need.
New Roots also offers a regular programme of group activities to support the development of self-confidence, the learning of new skills, and involvement in the local community. These include:
- Drop-in support sessions.
- Educational sessions.
- Trips to local attractions.
- Supported visits to local services.
- Participation in local and national events and campaigns.
Find out more about our accommodation